01 October 2009

Fast Fest, day four.

I woke up in an unreasonably good mood this morning, despite the fact that I'm incredibly weak, and dizzy, and achey. I feel light and free, and empty and beautiful, for once in my life. I don't even want food anymore. Thinking about eating triggers my gag reflex a little. I feel so clean; I can't ruin the clean feeling with a big, fat grease stain.
Oh, fall. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways...
When I walked with him to eat breakfast, or rather to watch him eat, I felt fall for the first time. There isn't fall in my hometown. There is hot, sticky summer for most of the year, then a few weeks of winter then summer starts again. Where I live now, we have seasons. Winter, spring, summer, and fall. Fall is so beautiful. I was deliriously cold while we sat together. I was shivering and smiling like a maniac. It was almost magical.
I still haven't unthawed.

Be my friend.
Hold me; wrap me up.
Unfold me;
I am small and needy.
Warm me up,
and breathe me.

Love you,
Margie.

2 comments:

  1. this is a beautiful post! and i am happy you're having a wonderfully good mood!

    i miss seasons with a strangled, aching heart. it is hot-as-shit here all the time and then for a few weeks it's 50 degrees and everyone complains about the cold. i miss the leaves changing and the bite in the air and wearing jackets and crunching leaves underfoot and the smell of october. so please enjoy it for me, ok?

    i had a weak moment and bought a large tea from Starbucks (i drink it with half and half), but got a few sips in and felt immediately ill - my body is rejecting calories of any sort! i am light and empty and untouchable. needless to say i threw the tea out. $2.10 to remind myself what i am doing and why. it was worth it.

    LOVE xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm seasons are good!
    glad your doing so well! x

    ReplyDelete