25 October 2009

Tear Me to Shreds.


You laugh at every word trying hard to be cute;
I almost feel sorry for what I'm going to do.
Your hair smells of smoke.
Who will cast the first stone?

I don't think I'll ever understand how someone who can make me feel so good about myself can make me feel so horrible about myself at the same time. 'Cause he can. He can tear me to pieces easier than anyone else I know. And he doesn't have to say a word.
Just keep flirting with her. Don't worry about me, babe. I'm fine over here, watching you.
I mean, I wouldn't want to be with me either. So go ahead. Go be with her. She's normal (unlike me) pretty (unlike me) and you can take her out to dinner, like a normal couple.
And if I was honest about what the problem is, I'd have to admit that it's me.
I will lie awake, lie for fun, and fake the way I hold you.
Let you fall for every empty word I say.

Love you always (hate me always)
Margie.

1 comment:

  1. the worst part is not being able to see beyond this temporary self-betrayal.
    sorry you're in this rut. even if you think you are the problem, there is always other factors. from what i have read .. you seem like an interesting and amiable person.
    keep your head up.

    ReplyDelete